Oh no, it’s mold! What do I do now?

One of the most frightening things for a homeowner to experience is the detection of mold and mildew in their homes. This discovery brings to light two serious issues: first, the mold itself, which can be hazardous to your family’s health, and second, a moisture problem, such as a leak or flood. The source of the moisture must be addressed. If not, the mold will recur even if it has been treated.

Treating mold and mildew can be a serious situation. How do you know if you can treat this yourself or if you need the help of a professional?

This article by Restoration Master provides some great tips on identifying and treating household mold issues. http://restorationmasterfinder.com/restoration/mold-mildew-cleanup-faq/

Pressure sprayers are effective tools for dispersing antimicrobial solutions to kill mold. Pressure sprayers allow you to target exactly where you want the solution – there are even attachments that will help you get into crevices and in walls.


  • ALWAYS ensure you follow the manufacturers instructions on mixing and using the chemicals
  • Wear protective eye and face gear, and protect any skin that may come in contact with the solution
  • Ensure you are in a well-ventilated area

Pressure sprayers have different seals depending on the type of product you are using. When purchasing a sprayer make sure you are buying the correct type of sprayer, to avoid leaks.

For information on SOLO sprayers see: us.solo.global