At the start of the year, we wrote our 2020 vision. One of the many changes Solo planned to implement in 2020 was the release of battery-powered sprayers. Little did we know that the demand for battery-powered sprayers would explode as a result of the coronavirus. Demand for battery-powered equipment has risen and with good reason.
Battery-powered equipment is the future, offering efficiency and ease-of-use. We began manufacturing Solo's 441 Battery-Powered Sprayer in our Newport News factory to meet the demand for battery-powered technology.
A Backpack for Professional & Non-Professional Users
The 441 is a versatile option for both non-professional and professional users. Solo's 441 is perfect for the lawn care enthusiast looking for an affordable upgrade, for large lawns or lawn care projects.
For professional landscapers, the 441 is an ideal option for smaller or mid-size professional jobs where larger equipment might be cumbersome and unnecessary.
Why did we make it?
Solo saw battery-operated sprayers as a step into the future. The 441 was born out of Solo’s desire to funnel decades of manufacturing experience to build a backpack sprayer to fit our customers’ evolving needs.
Battery-powered sprayers are engineered for a few specific reasons, with the number one reason being ease-of-use. The most significant difference between a battery-powered sprayer and a traditional pump sprayer is the action of pumping. People also gravitate towards battery-powered sprayers because they offer better efficiency and chemical coverage.
Battery-powered sprayers are more expensive, and as of late, less available. Details matter when understanding why the 441 is different from other battery-powered sprayers.
How is the 441 Unique?
One of the key differences between the 441 and other battery-powered sprayers is the battery. The 441's battery is designed for spraying, unlike other battery-powered sprayers, which have batteries with more power because they are used interchangeably with other types of power equipment, such as air blowers or string trimmers.
Solo’s 441 is equipped with an 11V lithium-ion battery, lower than the standard 20V or 24V lithium-ion batteries used in other battery-powered backpack sprayers. Solo built the 441 with an 11V battery for two reasons:
- The 11V battery is lighter than the standard 20V or 24V.
- An 11V battery allows for a faster charging time. Solo’s 441 runs for up to 2.5 hours with a 2-hour charge time.
Speed Tip Nozzle
Users change sprayer nozzles to achieve new spray patterns required for different spraying tasks. Changing nozzles is a minor inconvenience more than anything else. Solo's speed tip nozzle eliminates the inconvenience of changing nozzles by allowing the user to twist a dial to achieve a new spray pattern, without having to fumble with nozzles.
441 Battery-Operated Backpack Sprayer Features
- 11V Lithium-ion Battery. Up to 2.5 hours running time. 2-hour charging time.
- Speed tip nozzle: multi-spray pattern. Sprays with 3 different settings with the turn of a dial: jet stream, flat spray, and full cone mist.
- Lithium-ion battery designed specifically for spraying.
- 4 gallon, UV-resistant HDPE tank with large 4.75” opening. The large filter basket is easily removed.
- 11V diaphragm pump, 37.5 PSI
- Integrated carry handle for easy transport and maneuvering.
- Adjustable padded straps.
- 20” unbreakable wand provides excellent reach. The wand can be stored neatly in a wand holder, protected from dirt or damage by a special opening integrated in the tank base.
- Commercial shut-off valve with lock-on / lock-off feature reduces operator fatigue.
- 48” nylon reinforced high-pressure hose for extended reach.
- Stable tank base ensures that the sprayer will not tip over when filling.