Mosquitoes are as small as paper clips with the terrifying ability to spread disease at an alarming rate. The size of mosquitoes and their short life spans mean they breed quickly and covertly.
Three out of the 3000 species of mosquitoes are primarily responsible for spreading human disease[i]. All in all, mosquitoes are responsible for millions of deaths per year in developing countries. Not many people realize the danger of mosquitoes; people often view them as more of an annoyance than a threat, but mosquitoes are one of the deadliest animals in the world. [ii]
A Community Problem & Threat to Public Health
Without government intervention, mosquitoes would pose a far higher risk to public health than they currently do in the United States.
Controlling mosquitoes is relegated to state and local governments because of the extensive nature of mosquito control.
Pest control professionals and governments use an integrated approach when it comes to mosquito control, targeting mosquitoes at all stages of life.
One of the most effective ways to control mosquitoes is to treat or dump standing water where mosquitoes lay their eggs. Dumping or treating standing water limits a mosquito's breeding capacity.
Controlling Mosquitoes at the Larval Stage
Targeting Adult Mosquitoes
The most common way to control mosquitoes is to target adult mosquitoes. Municipalities use trucks or airplanes to treat large areas for mosquitoes and mist blowers and sprayers to treat smaller areas, like the underside of leaves.
Product Feature: 452 Mist Blower
Solo's 452 Mist Blower is ideal for applying plant protection chemicals or mosquito pest and parasite control in storage areas, containers, or animal herds. Produces a fine mist, applying chemicals over large areas more efficiently than manual spraying.
- New 66.5 cc engine to generate a fan air volume of max. 824 cfm for total plant penetration.
- Aluminum crankcase and high-quality engine components for increased power output even under high temperature operating conditions.
- Increased engine performance converts to higher misting performance.
- Improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions with modern engine technology and catalytic converter.
- Large 0.37-gallon capacity fuel tank combined with low fuel consumption allows long operating periods.
- Easy starting, fuel pump assisted.
- Effective vibration dampening.
- Single multi-function operating handle.
- Efficient air filtering system, easy to maintain.
- Comfortable, padded carrying straps.
- Compact size, low weight.